BUILT WITH BIG-BLOCK POWER
Lighter and more compact that an original Big-Block 454, the LSX is filled with a super-tough rotating assembly and features a pair of deep-breathing CNC ported cylinder heads.
- Although the LSX 454 cylinder block shares the same basic architecture of the Gen IV iron 6.0L, there are many features added in the casting for strength and for crank case breathing.
- The LSX 454 block has a Siamese cylinder bore configuration allowing for larger bore diameters.
- The LSX 454 Engine is fitted with high-flow cylinder heads, based on those developed for the high performance LS3 V-8. These heads have offset rockers, like those in the LS7. Yet the LSX 454 heads maintain a compression ratio that allows these engines to operate on regular gas.
- Fuel Injection with Stainless Steel Fuel Rail
- Advanced Electronic Throttle Control
- Coil Near Plug (CNP) Technology
- Type: 7.4L Gen-IV V8 Small-Block
- Displacement: 7400cc (454 ci)
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- VALVE CONFIGURATION: Overhead valves
- VALVES PER CYLINDER: 2
- VALVE LIFTERS: Hydraulic roller
- FIRING ORDER: 1 – 8 – 7 – 2 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3
- BORE X STROKE: 4.185 x 4.125 in.
- FUEL SYSTEM: Port fuel injection
- FUEL TYPE: Premium recommended
- MAXIMUM ENGINE SPEED: 5,400 rpm
- HORSEPOWER: Kodiak Marine 511 hp @ 5200 rpm
- TORQUE: Kodiak Marine 528 ft⋅lbs @ 4200 rpm
- BLOCK: LSX Cast iron
- CYLINDER HEAD: Cast aluminum
- INTAKE MANIFOLD: Composite
- EXHAUST MANIFOLD: Cast aluminum
- MAIN BEARING CAPS: Steel
- CRANKSHAFT: Forged steel
- CAMSHAFT: Steel
- CONNECTING RODS: 4340 Forged
Information may vary with application. All specifications listed are based on the latest product information available at the time of publication. The right is reserved to make changes at any time without notice.
- Variable Valve Timing (VVT) allows linear delivery of torque, with near-peak levels over a broad rpm range, and high specific output (horsepower per liter of displacement) without sacrificing overall engine response, or drivability.
- Extended-life spark plugs have an iridium electrode tip and an iridium core in the conductor.
- Its “self-cleaning” properties are improved, decreasing potential for plug fouling and further reducing the likelihood of maintenance over the 100,000-mile plug life.
- The electrode design improves combustion efficiency for maximum fuel economy and minimum emissions.
- The LSX 454 has a 58X crankshaft position encoder to ensure that ignition timing is accurate throughout its operating range.
- The new 58X crankshaft ring and sensor provide more immediate, accurate information on the crankshaft’s position during rotation. This allows the ECM to adjust ignition timing with greater precision, which optimizes performance and economy.
- Engine starting is also more consistent in all operating conditions.